Licensed Professional Counselor
2027 Broadway, Suite H
Boulder, Colorado 80302
- MA, Transpersonal Counseling Psychology,
- MA, Experiential Education, University of
Colorado, Boulder, 1989.
- BA, English, with Honors, University of Colorado, Boulder, 1972.
- Boettcher Scholar, 1969-1972
Post-Graduate Education and Trainings
Counseling and Psychotherapy
- Licensed Professional Counselor,
- Gestalt Certificate,
Gestalt Institute of the Rockies, 1995-1998.
- EMDR I and II Certificates, Molly
Gierasch, PhD, 2004-2006.
- Consultation group with Barb Maiberger, MA, LPC, 2007-present.
- Body Oriented Psychotherapy,
Trauma Work, and Gestalt, Boulder Psychotherapy Institute,
Jaylynne Chase-Jacobsen, LCSW, and Betty Cannon, PhD, 2009.
- PTSD Conferences
- Bessel van der Kolk, Stephen Porges, Peter Levine, et al, 2001
- Bessel van der Kolk, Pat Ogden, Kekuni Minton, 2000.
- Clarissa Pinkola Estes, PhD, Author,
- Psychology in the Truest Sense of the Word, 1997
- Dreamwork -- Curanderismo and Jungian Therapy, 1999.
- Deep Memory Process (Past
Life Therapy), Roger Woolger, PhD
- Woolger Training International, 2000-2002 & 2007.
- Many, many other workshops and conferences.
- PAIRS® (Practical
Application of Intimate Relationship Skills), 2005.
- Local Teacher and Mentor, Robin Temple, MSW, 2005-present.
- Hot Monogamy™, a course
in Certified Love Education™, Pat Love, EdD, 2007.
- Couplehood as a Spiritual Path™,
with Harville Hendrix, PhD, and Helen LaKelly Hunt, PhD, 2007.
- IMAGO® and
Gestalt Relationship Training, Boulder Psychotherapy Institute,
Jaylynne Chase-Jacobsen, LCSW. 2004.
- Certified Shamanic Journey
Guide, Center for Spiritual Shamanic Exploration, 1994-1995.
- Pachakuti Mesa Apprentice and
Teacher, don Oscar Miro-Quesada, The Heart of the Healer
- Trainings with many shamanic, Celtic, and spiritual teachers. See
Background / Experience
- Transpersonal and soul-centered counseling, 1997 to present.
- Teacher and group facilitator, private
classes and workshops, 1997 to present.
- Teacher, Colorado School of Counseling
- Presenter, Colorado Counseling Association Conferences, 2005-2006.
- Teaching Assistant, Naropa University, 2004.
- Elementary school teacher, aide, and
- Adult community education, program
administration, supervision, counseling, 1976-1981
Professional Interests / Specialties
I can help you explore and integrate your mind, body, heart, and
soul. By finding your strengths and releasing old patterns, you will
feel more alive, juicy, creative, powerful, and centered.
- Depression. Effective
Learn to stop beating yourself up. Discover the impact of energy
techniques, creative expression, and nutrition. See Relief
- Anxiety. Learn to relax
and cope with exams,
interviews, and other stress.
- Relationships. Learn
skills, resolve old wounds and family issues, shift the distance dance,
deepen your capacity for intimacy and love. Use tools from PAIRS® and
Imago®. See www.bouldercouplescounseling.com.
- Young Adult Development.
family, find your path.
- Mid-life Transitions.
Trying to balance
school, kids, elders, exercise, menopause, meditation, and your budget?
I have been there, too.
- Gestalt Therapy.
Transform stuck patterns.
Listen to your body's wisdom. Increase mind-body awareness in the
- Dream Therapy. Dialogue
characters, re-enter the dream and shift the ending, receive spiritual
guidance. Active dreamwork -- It's fun! See www.ediestone.com/dreams.html.
- Heart Vision Shamanic Journeys.
natural way to explore altered states of consciousness. A powerful
alternative to substance use and spiritual by-passing. Meet your Spirit
Guides, release and heal
unhealthy patterns, recover your power, retrieve and integrate lost
soul qualities. Explore and heal past lives.
See Heart Vision Shamanic
Journeys and www.ShamanStone.org
Free Initial Consultation
Edie Stone, MA, LPC